Re: [Amel] Installed Systems / Spare parts

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

Kent glad you made it. Regarding the standing rigging if you have bent stays call your insurance company those wires/Stays that are bent can not be trusted. Looking at the outside does NOT tell you if the core cracked or if you gotten any issues form bending fatigue

Refused the bilge pump we did away with the diagram pumps as they are slow and fail. We went with a maserator pump that runs at 8 gpm over 400 gal per hr. It will draw far better do a good job of pumping up and as well as "cleaning" the stuff in the bilge. Yes there is some noise when it starts yes that tells us when it comes on and give the short pump time saves AMPS.

Good luck. I'd get a fresh water hose down there and wash off everything. Then leave the hatch open to dry out.
Regards
Richard Piller

On Dec 9, 2010, at 11:13, "karkauai" <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi all. Made it from Deltaville, VA to St. Thomas USVI in 10d despite
contrary or light winds much of the time. A couple of issues cropped
up:
The rigger who changed my standing rigging didn't tighten the jockey
pole supports adequately to the shrouds, and with the outboard end of
the poles only slightly elevated, there was enough downward force on the
outboard end of the jockey poles to force the supports down a good 6" on
the rigging, slightly "kinking" the shrouds. There was no evidence of
any damage to the shrouds when I got them put back in the proper
positions. Just a reminder that most riggers have no clue about those
"Amel" oddities...from now on whenever a rigger does anything to my
boat, I'll check behind them, especially the Amel-specific
peculiarities.

My brand new Jabsco bilge pump failed after less than an hour of use.
Turned out one of the valves was defective. Bigger issue now is that
after I tripped it's circuit breaker ("puissard"), fixed the pump, and
tried to run it (so I could pat myself on the back for actually finding
the problem and fixing it) the circuit breaker wouldn't work. On my
first trip out the watermaker high pressure hose failed and sprayed sea
water all over the engine room, and now all the circuit breakers in that
box seem to be "iffy". The rest of the breakers on the boat seem fine.
I've googled "Sapel" (the name on the breaker box) and E & P (the ?name
on the breakers) without success. Does anyone have a source for the 220v
and 24v breakers on the boat without going through Amel?

As usual, thanks in advance for your help.

Kent

KRISTY

SM243