From: Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@...>
Subject: [Amel] Leaky grounding plate on older Maramu
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Friday, December 10, 2010, 9:38 PM

Hauled out in Mexico at the moment with what seems to be a leak coming from the grounding plate on the skeg. My guess is some water is getting in behind the bolt heads and the rest from around the edge. We've removed all the filler around the edges and will redo. Not sure if we can do much with the bolts. Seems like we'll just snap the bolt head if we force it. We ground a bit on the other side and can see the other end of the bolts bedded in epoxy.

Anybody else had this issue? Ideas?

Also a general question about the grounding plate. Our boat is no longer bonded so the plate is not hooked up to anything. Has anyone used it as part of a backplane for SSB/HF?

Regards,

Dave Benjamin

S/V Exit Strategy

Maramu #29