Re: [Amel] Re: New file uploaded to amelyachtowners

Jean Boucharlat

«Aileron moulé » : « moulé » is molded in US English or moulded in
traditional English, “aileron” is literally “winglet” but, in this instance,
most likely “rudder blade” (this inferred from the fact that Amel uses
“contre-aileron”, loosely translatable as “counter-winglet” to designate the

“Venant de moulage” literally means “from a mold” but, in this instance and
in my opinion, means that it is a molded FRP part and not some other kind of

With all due respect for everyone at Amel, and I do respect them all, you
all know that their English is somewhat hesitant but I can tell you that
their French is also sometimes not entirely academic.

Hope this helps.

Jean Boucharlat

Formerly SM 232

From: amelyachtowners@...
[mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of Dave_Benjamin
Sent: lundi 13 décembre 2010 03:22
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel] Re: New file uploaded to amelyachtowners

Can anyone help with translation?

There is a crosshatched area with caption containing "aileron moule" and
another caption above containing "venant de moulage." I've tried Google
translate but I'm not getting good info.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join to automatically receive all group messages.