Re: [Amel] Re: New file uploaded to amelyachtowners

Jean Boucharlat

traditional English, “aileron” is literally “winglet” but, in this instance,
most likely “rudder blade” (this inferred from the fact that Amel uses
“contre-aileron”, loosely translatable as “counter-winglet” to designate the
skeg).

“Venant de moulage” literally means “from a mold” but, in this instance and
in my opinion, means that it is a molded FRP part and not some other kind of
material.

With all due respect for everyone at Amel, and I do respect them all, you
all know that their English is somewhat hesitant but I can tell you that
their French is also sometimes not entirely academic.

Hope this helps.

Jean Boucharlat

Formerly SM 232