From: Kent Robertson <karkauai@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Amel] US Coast Guard
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 25, December, 2010, 5:02 AM

Happy Holidays to all.

I recently received an email from an organization called the Coast Guard Foundation asking for donations. When I looked it up I found that it used almost half of it's funds for "administrative" and "fundraising" costs. I wrote the USCG to ask if there was another organization that would put my funds to better use, and was referred to the Coast Guard Mutual Assistance program (www.cgmahq.org). This organization is funded primarily by donations from active and retired Coast Guard personnel and does great work for our CG men and women in a very efficient way, with 15-17% Administrative and fundraising costs.

Please consider a donation to this organization if you are inclined to contribute to the USCG. It's also a good time to consider a donation to the rescue operations in other countries (ie BASRA), cruiser nets, free weather services (ie Herb H), etc.

I hope to meet many or all of you in the coming years as we criss-cross the globe in our Amels. Until then, happy sailing, have fun, and be safe.
Kent Robertson
SM243 KRISTY
Eastern Caribbean this season