Dropping the mast

Patrick McAneny

I will be taking the mast off the boat soon to rerig. At first I assumed I would disconnect the power supply at the outhaul and the furler motors. Looking at it today, it looks to make more sense to disconnect down below. Is that how it is done, by those that have done it? I sorted out the wiring today. I have a coax for an extra antenna I have up there. I do not know what it was originally for. Can I eliminate it, or is it useful for something? Other wiring, that is labeled am/fm, it must be that odd octagon shaped wire object sitting up there,should I eliminate it also ?

Thanks,
Pat
Shenanigans
SM123