Re: bow thruster service

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Gianni:

As per our several discussions via private email, the bearing in the base of the motor that supports the spline shaft is an NSK 6204VV bearing. Evidently the 6204 bearing size is very common and the VV means that the bearing is sealed with a rubber seal on each side. The bearing is a Single Row Radial Bearing; 20 mm ID x 47 mm OD x 14 mm Wide; Double Sealed, Non-Contact; C3 Clearance.

I was able to purchase a couple on ebay at the following link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-NSK-C-Series-Bearing-Part-Number-6204VV-/290540406001#ht_500wt_1107

Price is $6.99 US each and the seller will ship internationally.

Extraction of the bearing and replacement is another issue. When you have accomplished the task please write it up and post it in the Files Section of the forum for the rest of us. Also, you could upload your photos to the Bow Thruster Service File in the Photos Section. I think they would useful to encourage everyone to annually service this area and take care of corrosion control.

Best of luck,

Gary

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "gtesta23@..." <gtesta23@...> wrote:

Hi Bill and Gary,
sorry I don't understand : among the photos " Bow thruster service" I see a ball bearing rusty brown, it seems broken or it is only very dirty ?
Gianni