Re: [Amel] Re: bow thruster service

jlm@jlmertz.fr

The bearing are corroded it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to make the bow
thruster tight and more or less sea water pollute the oil
This AMEL bow thruster is a technical sum of non sens, approximations
and many many different problems for the owners ....
I would like to know how many SM have a tight bow thruster
JLuc
CottonBay

Le 06/03/2011 07:34, amelliahona a écrit :

Gianni:

As per our several discussions via private email, the bearing in the
base of the motor that supports the spline shaft is an NSK 6204VV
bearing. Evidently the 6204 bearing size is very common and the VV
means that the bearing is sealed with a rubber seal on each side. The
bearing is a Single Row Radial Bearing; 20 mm ID x 47 mm OD x 14 mm
Wide; Double Sealed, Non-Contact; C3 Clearance.

I was able to purchase a couple on ebay at the following link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-NSK-C-Series-Bearing-Part-Number-6204VV-/290540406001#ht_500wt_1107

Price is $6.99 US each and the seller will ship internationally.

Extraction of the bearing and replacement is another issue. When you
have accomplished the task please write it up and post it in the Files
Section of the forum for the rest of us. Also, you could upload your
photos to the Bow Thruster Service File in the Photos Section. I think
they would useful to encourage everyone to annually service this area
and take care of corrosion control.

Best of luck,

Gary

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>, "gtesta23@..."
<gtesta23@...> wrote:

Hi Bill and Gary,
sorry I don't understand : among the photos " Bow thruster service"
I see a ball bearing rusty brown, it seems broken or it is only very
dirty ?
Gianni