From: amelyachtowners@...
[mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of Judy and Bill
aboard SV BeBe
Sent: 29 March 2011 03:48
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel] Re: Filters on the AC vent

Mark,

I replaced the filters twice with Climma filters. However, the foam that
the Climma filters are made of decentigrates in a short period of time
and gets into the evaporator coils and the ducts.

I was not where I could source the filters and had to come up with
another solution...I took two putty knives and separated the aluminum
frame by about 1/2" from the foam filters and removed the foam. I cut
some 1" thick polyester fiber filter media to fit the frame and pressed
the sides of the frame together to clamp the fiber. I used blue colored
fiber and the filters look fine. Go to any HVAC service provider...he
will have this filter media on a roll...you can reuse your aluminum
frames many times.

Hope this helps you.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Male, Maldives

--- In amelyachtowners@...
<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com> , "sabbatical3"
<mark_pitt@...> wrote:

The air filters on the outside of the AC vents on my Super Maramu have
disintegrated. I have looked but have not found the right stuff. Does
anyone know where to get replacement filter material in the US?

Thanks.

Mark Pitt
"Sabbatical III" ASM #419

Scanned by MailDefender - managed email security from intY -
www.maildefender.net

Scanned by MailDefender - managed email security from intY - www.maildefender.net