Re: [Amel] triatic

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

Hi Pat, I'd leave the triatic with insulators as they also keep the rig a bit safer in lightning storms.

There is a bracket under the roller you can also detach or your rigging guy can detach at the top so go forth. Regarding the rivets they have to be drilled if you need a HD rivet tool I have one here in Annapolis you are welcome to use. Be sure to grease the gear box and device the motor too.
Maybe we can be back to spring Monday.
Let me know if you'd like some help.

Regards SM 209 for sale in Annapolis
Richard Piller

On Mar 31, 2011, at 9:22, "Patrick McAneny" <sailw32@...> wrote:

I am dropping my mast next Monday to rerig and I need to decide to add insulators to the triatic or not.I probably won't ever be using it as an antennae so I can not see the reason for the insulator and neither can the rigger. Is there another purpose it serves that justifies the expense? Secondly,regarding the headstay ,outside of drilling out the rivets and backing off the set screws, is there anything else that would prevent the forestay aluminum extrusion from come free from the motor.I do not want to start lifting the mast and find that the furler will not seperate.
Thanks,
Pat SM 123