Varnishing

stargazer41amel <no_reply@...>

Has anyone attempted to varnish over or repair the original factory
applied varnish? I understand from the Amel factory that the varnish
is a sprayed 2 part polyurethane finish. It is very hard finish and
has held up well for the 16 year old vessel we have. But there are
areas that need repairing and I am really concerned how difficult it
is to deal with the existing finish. I was able to refinish the
floors, exterior trims and interior steps beautifully but they had a
different varnish finish. Any knowledgable help in this area will be
greatly appreciated. Delores Carter