Re: [Amel] Insurance Comparison

Peter Killen

Hi Roque, I am insured through Topsail Insurance brokers (agents for Navigators and General (The trading name for Zurich Insurance PLC). I have used them for the last 7 years, ever since Pantaenius refused to insure me for a trip on our Amel from Ireland to the Antarctic and back. I find them to be most helpful and efficient (and reasonable). Their email address is; enquiries@... They advertise from time to time in OCC Flying Fish Journal

Regards, Peter s/v Pure Magic 433
On 25 Apr 2011, at 14:20, EdisonR wrote:

Hi everyone.

I have read a lot of previous posts about insurance and started asking for quotes. It is now narrowed down to 2 providers: Pantaenius (Mr. Keefer Ascher from Mallorca) and Assurances Maritimes de Lessee (Mr. Geoffroy de Lassee) which uses Groupama, a French insurer.

Our Amel 54 is in Spain - Spanish flag- and we will spend the next 2 years in the Med.

Price aside, has anyone an opinion, pros and cons, heads up or a firsthand experience with either one?

Thank you

Roque
s/v Atica. Amel 54 #110
Currently in Spain