it really is a wonderful software.
Soon, with the possibility of the NAVIONIC charts will be the ideal software
jluc cottonbay

Le 28/04/2011 12:49, Serge Tremblay a écrit :

Hi Kent,

Try OPENCPN. Its free, works better than MaxSea and Capt'n, which I
both have.
I am told it works even better than these commercial software for AIS,
which I
do not yet have.

Serge, v Opera, Mango 51, in Le Marin, Martinique

________________________________
De : Kent Robertson <karkauai@yahoo.com <mailto:karkauai%40yahoo.com>>
À : amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Envoyé le : Mer 27 avril 2011, 14h 39min 13s
Objet : [Amel] Navigation Software

Hi all,
I've been using The Cap'n software on my laptop for navigation since I
bought
KRISTY 3 years ago. One of my computers crashed and I've been unable
to get
support from the vendor for 2 months now. I just went on their users'
forum and
am discovering that they are notorious for not replying to support
questions.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy another navigation program, and am
wondering
what you are all using out there. I'd prefer to use a laptop-based
program than
a dedicated chart plotter, but could be talked into that if there just
isn't a
good laptop option out there.

Thanks for your replies and advice.
Kent