From: Barry <seagasm@gmail.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, April 28, 2011 4:17:29 PM
Subject: [Amel] Re: Maramu standing rigging tensioning

I had a similar problem, can you advise me Richard the correct sequence to do
this. I have seen other SM's with their rig not as tight as ours.

Regards
Barry
Tradewinds III SM 171

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Richard03801 <richard03801@...> wrote:

Urgent. Tighten your rig NOW. The masts are not mention to pump. Tighten each
stay until they "ring". Be sure to keep an eye on the mast to keep it in column
fore aft and both side s. Make sure your head and back stays are tight. A new
rig MUST BE TUNED AFTER IT'S FIRST USE.

Good luck
Regards
Richard Piller
Sm 209 for sail in Annapolis

"Yacht Brokerage Service above and beyond the expected"

Walczak Yacht Brokerage Service LLC
2 Compromise St
Annapolis, MD 21401

Cell 603 767 5330
Office
Fax

www.Walczakyacht.com

On Apr 28, 2011, at 15:29, "etlindholm" <etlindholm@...> wrote:

I had the standing rigging replaced on my maramu last year by a reputable
rigger. At the dock when the wind comes from abeam at 10 to 15 knots, the masts
start pumping. The main moreso than the mizzen. I don't remember this happening
before. I recall other posts concerning the tensioning of the rigging, and that
Amels are tensioned higher at the Amel yard than other vessels. Do other Amel
owners, particularily maramu owner have this problem? and or is this simply a
question of improper tensioning?

Eric Maramu 105