Re: Liferaft

joseph mc donnell

Hi Stephan
Check with your service agent next time you get the job done. Most good service agents will vacume pack the life raft as standard. Depending on the size of the size of the liferaft, for ease of removal from its locker, use somthing to raise the raft so it sits just below the rim, (we use a couple of plastic beer crates). You will find that it is so much easier to lift the liferaft to the deck.
Regards Joe McDonnell

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Stephan Regulinski" <stephreg@...> wrote:

How did you get it vacuum packed?

Stephan
Delos (SMM #303)

--- In amelyachtowners@..., asm283 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
Hi All

After some research on life rafts, I found that the best solution
for
my particular needs was a windlow 6 Man offshore unit for the
following reasons.

1-It is consistently rated #1 by the sailing publications.

2-It weighs about 75 lbs in the soft case. Enabling most crew
members
to lift it out of the liferaft locker and deploy.

3-The life raft can be vacum packed (making it even smaller). This
extends your service time to at least 3 years and on a passage it
can
be stores on deck without worry of water intrusion. Also you can
use
most of the storage space unserneath the life raft locker.

4-Windslow was a good company to deal with. If you take into
consideration what you get and the money you save by servicing
every
3 years the price is not too bad.

Vito Ciaravino
Wanderer #283