Re: companionway sliding hatch

kimberlite1212 <no_reply@...>

hi,
did you have a chance to take those photos?
thanks
eric

--- In amelyachtowners@..., stargazer41amel
<no_reply@y...> wrote:
I will get pics taken. Give me until Monday to post on website as
have had a death in family and will not be back to boat until
then.
BTW, I do custom canvas for boaters as a business and I have made
many canvas doors, many ways through the years. Mine is attached
with snaps but I am going to change that as guests tend to pull
the
canvas door too hard and unsnap it. I will use a slide track with
bolt rope. Easy enough change. Should have designed it that way
start with. What is great about the door is that I can just roll
it
up and tuck it at the base of the dodger and it's out of the way.

Delores
s/v Stargazer
41' Sharki

--- In amelyachtowners@..., kimberlite1212
<no_reply@y...> wrote:
dolores,
i would love to see a few photos especially the attachment point.
fair winds,
eric
s/v Kimberlite

kimberlt@o...

--- In amelyachtowners@..., stargazer41amel
<no_reply@y...> wrote:
Yep, I sewed a great canvas door with an oval window in it. I
attached the canvas to the fiberglass at the forward end of
the
sliding hatch. I placed a sail batten inside the canvas at
the
aft
end of the sliding hatch to hold the fabric up so the sliding
hatch
could also stay open. I also sewed in insulating material
(winter
coat lining) to retain my heat & A/C inside the boat. It
works
great! And all I have to do is lift the canvas out of the
way.
Much
better than constantly sliding opening the hatch and the door
hundred times a day! I even incorporated a zip-in no-see-um
screen
for the days I don't need to worry about heat or A/C being on.
If
you
need a pic, let me know!
Delores
s/v Stargazer
41' Sharki

--- In amelyachtowners@..., kimberlite1212
<no_reply@y...> wrote:
Has anyone figured out a way to close the companionway hatch
without
using the knobs.
when we are at a dock with the air conditioner on. it seems
am
opening and closing these knobs a lot while company comes
and
goes.
aqny good ideas?
thanks