Alternator on Perkins Prima m80

Rainer Huthmacher

Hello everybody,On my Perkins Prima mt80 I have a 30amp Motorolla alternator wich I would like to replace with a Balmar 70amp unit. As I'm in the US right now I would like to by it here, because it is less than half of what it is in Europe. Unfortunately I don't have the measurements of the Motorolla with me and here comes my question: Does anybody know witch Balmar model has the same measurements as the Motorolla unit? Every suggestions are appreciated.
Joel, your comments are aways a pleasure to read and we all wait for that book....
Eric, your hurricane story and your seamanship are both incredible....
Yossi, I was looking over 3 years around the world at every Amel for sale (Maramu and Mango). Finaly I bought a Supermaramu for 145.000.- Euros(the cheapest I ever heard of) but invested allready 30.000.- and will invest another 30.000.- to feel confident with the boat.(all the work done by myself) A seworthy Maramu will cost you 100.000.- Euros, everything else is a projectboat
All the best to all of you,Rainer HuthmacherSM#69 "Yin Yang"To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 19:38:23 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Re: Want to buy Amel maramu

Yossi,

Good luck. I think at that price point you will have a project boat needing a major refit. Perhaps you may want to consider the Sharki. It's very much like the Maramu except there is no toilet compartment in the aft cabin.

You will find it far more economical to buy a Maramu that has been updated than to refit one yourself. Our Maramu had approximimately $130,000 USD invested in it by the previous owner over four years and we probably spent another $20K ourselves.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "yossi_kl" <yossi_kl@...> wrote:

Well maintained inside,outside,engine ext. and very good equipped for sea going .
My budget for purchasing a boat is 100,000 (USD).
Thanks a lot
Yossi

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.