From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rainer Huthmacher
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:25 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel] Alternator on Perkins Prima m80

Hello everybody,On my Perkins Prima mt80 I have a 30amp Motorolla alternator
wich I would like to replace with a Balmar 70amp unit. As I'm in the US
right now I would like to by it here, because it is less than half of what
it is in Europe. Unfortunately I don't have the measurements of the
Motorolla with me and here comes my question: Does anybody know witch Balmar
model has the same measurements as the Motorolla unit? Every suggestions are
appreciated.
Joel, your comments are aways a pleasure to read and we all wait for that
book....
Eric, your hurricane story and your seamanship are both incredible....
Yossi, I was looking over 3 years around the world at every Amel for sale
(Maramu and Mango). Finaly I bought a Supermaramu for 145.000.- Euros(the
cheapest I ever heard of) but invested allready 30.000.- and will invest
another 30.000.- to feel confident with the boat.(all the work done by
myself) A seworthy Maramu will cost you 100.000.- Euros, everything else is
a projectboat
All the best to all of you,Rainer HuthmacherSM#69 "Yin Yang"To:
amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: dave_benjamin@yahoo.com
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 19:38:23 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Re: Want to buy Amel maramu

Yossi,

Good luck. I think at that price point you will have a project boat needing
a major refit. Perhaps you may want to consider the Sharki. It's very much
like the Maramu except there is no toilet compartment in the aft cabin.

You will find it far more economical to buy a Maramu that has been updated
than to refit one yourself. Our Maramu had approximimately $130,000 USD
invested in it by the previous owner over four years and we probably spent
another $20K ourselves.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "yossi_kl" <yossi_kl@...> wrote:

Well maintained inside,outside,engine ext. and very good equipped for sea
going .

My budget for purchasing a boat is 100,000 (USD).
Thanks a lot
Yossi