Re: [Amel] Alternator on Perkins Prima m80

Rainer Huthmacher

Thanks so much, this info will do it.....

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: jsrogers@charter.net
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 17:02:46 -0400
Subject: RE: [Amel] Alternator on Perkins Prima m80

Rainer, while I have been occupied about how to replace my Motorola Prop

generator, I did not realize that you are asking about the main 24V

alternator. The previous owner of my SM replaced the original Motorola

alternator with a Balmar 65 Amp alternator, Model No. 9024, Serial No. 10713

model, and this has been working without any issues.

Regarding the selection process I found the attached pdf file which may be

of help to you.

John

From: jsrogers@charter.net

Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 16:20:09 -0400

I have removed the Motorolla alternator from my 1993 SM. While I am

still

looking for a match, I can easily make measurements for you.

John Rogers

SM #105

From: dave_benjamin@yahoo.com

Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 19:38:23 +0000

Subject: [Amel] Re: Want to buy Amel maramu

Yossi,

Good luck. I think at that price point you will have a project boat needing

a major refit. Perhaps you may want to consider the Sharki. It's very much

like the Maramu except there is no toilet compartment in the aft cabin.

You will find it far more economical to buy a Maramu that has been updated

than to refit one yourself. Our Maramu had approximimately $130,000 USD

invested in it by the previous owner over four years and we probably spent

another $20K ourselves.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "yossi_kl" <yossi_kl@...> wrote:

Well maintained inside,outside,engine ext. and very good equipped for sea

going .

My budget for purchasing a boat is 100,000 (USD).

Thanks a lot

Yossi