Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Varnishing

Mike Gough <mahili_au@...>

Hi Delores,

We share a similar problem, our Maramu is 19 years old and some of the interior needs attention. I am sorry I cannot answer your questions except to say that varnish is probably not the way to go. A furniture manufacturer could point you in the right direction,

Regs,
Mike Gough

stargazer41amel <no_reply@...> wrote:
Has anyone attempted to varnish over or repair the original factory
applied varnish? I understand from the Amel factory that the varnish
is a sprayed 2 part polyurethane finish. It is very hard finish and
has held up well for the 16 year old vessel we have. But there are
areas that need repairing and I am really concerned how difficult it
is to deal with the existing finish. I was able to refinish the
floors, exterior trims and interior steps beautifully but they had a
different varnish finish. Any knowledgable help in this area will be
greatly appreciated. Delores Carter

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT