Re: Varnishing

kimberlite1212 <no_reply@...>

what do you do about small dings in the interior where i have
dropped things on the varnished surfaces?
thanks
eric
sm 376 kimberlite

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Mike Gough <mahili_au@y...>
wrote:
Hi Delores,

We share a similar problem, our Maramu is 19 years old and some of
the interior needs attention. I am sorry I cannot answer your
questions except to say that varnish is probably not the way to go.
A furniture manufacturer could point you in the right direction,

Regs,
Mike Gough

stargazer41amel <no_reply@...> wrote:
Has anyone attempted to varnish over or repair the original
factory
applied varnish? I understand from the Amel factory that the
varnish
is a sprayed 2 part polyurethane finish. It is very hard finish
and
has held up well for the 16 year old vessel we have. But there
are
areas that need repairing and I am really concerned how difficult
it
is to deal with the existing finish. I was able to refinish the
floors, exterior trims and interior steps beautifully but they had
different varnish finish. Any knowledgable help in this area will
be
greatly appreciated. Delores Carter

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Service.