Re: Liferaft

asm283 <no_reply@...>

Windslow now offers this feature on new purchases. I am not sure if
they offer this on existing liferafts, but you can call them and find
out.

Vito

Wanderer

ASM#283

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Stephan Regulinski"
<stephreg@y...> wrote:
How did you get it vacuum packed?

Stephan
Delos (SMM #303)

--- In amelyachtowners@..., asm283 <no_reply@y...>
wrote:
Hi All

After some research on life rafts, I found that the best solution
for
my particular needs was a windlow 6 Man offshore unit for the
following reasons.

1-It is consistently rated #1 by the sailing publications.

2-It weighs about 75 lbs in the soft case. Enabling most crew
members
to lift it out of the liferaft locker and deploy.

3-The life raft can be vacum packed (making it even smaller).
This
extends your service time to at least 3 years and on a passage it
can
be stores on deck without worry of water intrusion. Also you can
use
most of the storage space unserneath the life raft locker.

4-Windslow was a good company to deal with. If you take into
consideration what you get and the money you save by servicing
every
3 years the price is not too bad.

Vito Ciaravino
Wanderer #283