Amel 54 Bowthruster Motor Bushes

Martin <yachtcaduceus@...>

Our bowthruster has been loosing power and overheating recently resulting in it stopping due to the thermal cut out.

I have traced this to worn and burnt motor brushes. I am currently contacting Sleipner agents in the USA to try and get replacements and to have them fitted.

There has always been an odd smell coming from the motor in the sail locker and I realiose that this may have been caused by arcing across the bushes and burning of the contacts.

Has anyone else had this problem and have an idea what may have caused the problem so that I can prevent it re-occurring in the future.

We are currently in Norfolk VA and shortly moving on towards Annapolis. If anyone can advise about nearby service agents for Sleipner that they have used it would be helpful.

Martin Bevan
Caduceus Amel 54 #56
Norfolk, VA