Re: [Amel] Insurance Comparison

We had to leave our last insurer, Allianz UK, because they decided to change the terms at renewal time regarding the Indian Ocean. We are in our second year with Assurances Maritimes Allain de Lassée (Groupama Transport) in France. They are one of the few companies that write "around the world" insurance. They specialize in a few brands of yachts and Amel is their primary brand according to our contact in France.

Assurances Maritimes will write a US documented yacht as long as its home port is not within the US. BeBe's home port is St. Thomas, USVI. We use our Houston address for the policy. If you are a US documented vessel, changing your home port is done by filing form CG-1258 with the USCG.

Their hurricane coverage clause is also very reasonable...there are no exclusion boxes of lat/lon. If you are at sea in a storm, you are covered, if you are in port and have taken reasonable steps to protect the yacht, you are covered.

If you are interested ask for a copy of the contract language. We were provided an English version.

Contact information for Assurances Maritimes is Françoise GODINEAU <fgodineau"at"assurances-delassee.com>. Tell him that you are interested in a quote like he did for yacht "BeBe."

Best,

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387