From: Bill & Sara Atz
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 9:13 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: anchor chain

--- In amelyachtowners@..., pagandaisy <no_reply@y...>
wrote:
> I am about to purchase new anchor chain in the States to ship down
> my 9 year old SM in the Caribbean. M. Selo says 8mm was installed
> when the boat was purchased. This is approximately 5/16" I
believe.
> I know link sizes are different between BBB & High Test. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Arnold Grubin

Arnold, It seems that many boats here in the Caribbean are buying
stainless steel chain in either Trinidad or Venezuela. The price is
still more than galvanized, but much less than SS in the US, and
once you buy it, you shouldn't need to buy again. I can't quote you
exact prices, but I can get you the Trinidad price with a simple
phone call if you wish; just let me know. Bill on Lady Sadie

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor