I suppose you have to change there.

Bon vent,
JLuc

Le 14/06/2011 20:28, Paul LaFrance a écrit :
Jean-Luc
What is the silent-block? Is it the braking devise to stop the prop from spinning on the Amel designed sail drive.

Paul LaFrance
SV NOMAD # 362

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: jlm@jlmertz.fr
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:43:28 +0200
Subject: Re: [Amel] CAVITATING NOISE

1. I suppose it is NOT cavitation (you are at more 50cm under the
water line and no noise over 2300 rpm)
2. Have you checked the status of silent-block ?

JLuc
CottonBay
sm316

Le 13/06/2011 23:44, LaFrance a écrit :
We recently noticed a new noise and vibration/cavitation when running
our 75 HP Yanmar engine at revs between 1500 and 2300. No noise
/cavitation on rpms outside this range. We thought at first there
might be something wrong with the Autoprop. We have since changed it
out with the fixed prop and the noise/cavitation sound is still there.
There is no water immulsification in the oil so we think the shaft
seals are staight and true from the prop.
Has any one had this problem and had to deal with it or if there are
other suggestions it would be appreciated.

Paul& Sue LaFrance
SV NOMAD SM #362
Currently in Bristol, RI