Loss of RPMs

pagandaisy...

We're Ruthe and Arnold Grubin sailing a 7 year
old Super Maramu, Pagan, now lying in Tortola. We
have a problem that seems to have been stumping the
best minds in Tortola. The engine will not rev higher
RPMs under load than 2300. The turnbo was replaced,
the diesel pump serviced, the exhaust system checked,
the injectors adjusted, the fuel checked. Originally
it wouldn't get over 1600. The props clean as a
whistle. I suspect there might have been sabotage by a
mechanic I let go. Any ideas. We'll be in Tortola in
December.<br><br>I noticed some previous inquiries about storm
tactics. We were in 50 plus knots hours out of La Coruna
in Spain a few years ago for a day an a half. We are
able to heave to for a couple of hours in the middle
of the night to get some rest using only a bit of
the genoa and run down for a day an a half on a bit
of the main. Total water taken in the cockpit
couldn't have been more than a couple of bucket's
full.<br><br>As to the electronic log. I've tried everything.
Even having it serviced at Amel's station in
Guadaloupe. It just comes and goes. <br><br>If anyone's
interested I have replaced a lot of equipment over the
years, recently, due to age, quite a bit.