[Amel] Re: Amel Drive Seals leaking

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Hi Kent:

There is a lot to learn isn't there. I don't pretend to know it all and some of my lessons have been hard earned as well. I don't feel like you are dragging us along at all. Your issues always raise valuable insights and provocative questions. Thanks to you for asking the questions that elicit good information from many.

Gary

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Kent Robertson <karkauai@...> wrote:

Thanks, Gary.  I should be able to figure it out, especially with your pic.  I won't get back to the boat until Nov, so can't report back what I have yet.  I'd be willing to bet that when the new engine was installed, that drive (and reservoir) was filled with transmission fluid...instead of oil.  What a mess!  I'll let you know what I find.  Sometimes it feels like I'm no farther along now than I was 3 years ago in knowing what I need to know to take care of a boat like this.  Thanks again for dragging me along with you...hope I don't get too heavy.

Anyone else want to weigh in on the pros/cons of switching to the SS retaining ring/bushing on the drive shaft for the prop?

Thanks,
Kent