Re: [Amel] Battery Replacement SM2000

Lior <lior246@...>

hi
can someone give a feedback about those delphi battarie?

http://dufour31.pagesperso-orange.fr/astuces/charge%20batteries%20delphi%202.pdf

i have got an offer in turkey fethiye for delphi marine 105AH
for about 110€ 330/172/240

i will be next week in turkey and then see if the size is ok.

is it the same battary?

thank for the feedback
lior
maramu 155

ב-29 ביונ 2011, בשעה 19:08, Graham Johnston <grahamjohnston42@...> כתב/ה:

Bill,
Well done finding the replacement batteries. Strangely Varta UK stated that that particular battery configuration was manufactured by Delphi and that Varta did not continue production when they took over. Hey ho, I must have been speaking to the wrong people!

I have to say that I believe you can find anything for a yacht or probably a ship if you are in Piraeus, my experience has been absolutely second to non when I have been there.

Graham
Zephyr Sharki 181

Datum: 28.06.2011 09:48
An: "amelyachtowners@..."<amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.
com>
Betreff: Re: [Amel] Battery Replacement SM2000

Hi Lorenzo,
If it is of any help to you the Delphi batteries were
manufactured under license in the EU by Varta and marketed by Numax and Vetus under their own brands. They are no
longer made by Varta.
Here in the UK Numax stock a similar battey: XV31MF Terminal 1 DT  which I think has both
taper and screw terminals but you would need to check if they are suitable as the terminal layout on out Delphi
batteries on our Sharki are Type 2. I think I will be able to re-drill the copper connecting bar to fit and use these
batteries when our existing ones fail.
http://www.manbat.co.uk/cm/files/brochures/battery_specification.pdf
http://www.manbat.co.uk/cm/files/assets/numax_marine2.pdf
If they are suitable perhaps there is an Italian
distributor.
Good luck,
Graham
Sharki 181 Zephyr