From: William <melbourne@charter.net>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, 3 July 2011 6:36 PM
Subject: [Amel] Wiring path Info

Does anyone know how the wiring for the forward deck-level nav lights goes from the nav lights themselves back to their breaker in the 24v panel above the galley? My boat is a SMM, #306. My starboard light went out and I found that water had leaked in at the nav light fixture and that it had corroded one wire in the duplex cable all the way to where it goes inside the stanchion, probably even further. I will need to rewire it, or at least splice a new one into a healthy section of the original. But I don't know the path that the cable follows after it disappears into the stanchion and I am not on the boat to figure it out. Is there a convenient access point somewhere along the wiring path for splicing? Thanks.
Bill Melbourne
S/V Third Wish
SMM #306