Re: [Amel] Re: Quiet Wind Generator

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

oops, slip of the finger.
Danny

From: David Cruikshank <cruikshankdavid@aol.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 14 July 2011 10:04 AM
Subject: [Amel] Re: Quiet Wind Generator

Hi Danny and Yvonne

"Hi All, we have a German made Super Wind 350 amp wind generator"

Have another look, 350 Amps very unlikely.
More likely 350 Watts.

David C

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi All, we have a German made Super Wind 350 amp wind generator on the top of the Mizzen mast of our SM. The super wind is a very wellbuilt unit designed for remote locations and minimal maintenance, it has automatic feathering blades so there is no need for intervention in strong winds. We have it running at all times and in all conditions.It is silent and efficient, noise wise we wouldn't know it was there. Need better than 10 knots of wind to get significant charging, 20 knots it really gets going. Comparitively it is an expensive unit but we think value for money.

Danny and Yvonne
SM 299 Ocean Pearl
Mangonui
New Zealand