Amel maramu beginner

jjjk12s <jjjk12s@...>

Hello all,

I have just signed a contract on Maramu hull 91 "Popeye". She is lying in Brisbane and as soon as the sale is finalised I will deliver her to her new home in Port Douglas in far north Queensland.

The previous owner, Richard Molony, apparently sailed non-stop singlehanded from Panama, an impressive achievement. He has left the boat well but no shortage of jobs to restore her, hopefully keeping as original as possible. Headlinings, repainting and perspex are all near the top of the list. Hopefully, wise and knowledgable members here will be able to provide some advice down the line...

In the meantime if anyone has any knowledge of Popeye's history I would love to hear it. After looking here I can see a previous owner was Bill Klein in New York. The boat may have sailed from France to USA in about 2000.

John