Re: [Amel] Re: Forestay Chain (or Tang) plate SM#353 Indecent

karkauai

Hi, George,
Your plate is very different from the one on Kristy (SM243).  It does look like wear, but I'm not sure I can visualize how it could be worn like that unless the forestay was very loose...and even then not sure how it could move enough at the bitter end to wear all the way across the plate.  Can you send a pic of the whole plate and its attachment to the deck and the furling motor?
Hi to Kim.  Hope y'all are having a good summer.
Kent & Dawn
SM243
KRISTY