Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Oxidation of rub rail

Ian Shepherd <g4ljf@...>

Hi Delores,

thanks for this good tip. I have also found a marvelous product that keeps all gel coat in show room condition as well as making smoke removal a cinch. It's called Mer, and I believe it is of German origin. I bought mine at the Southampton Boat Show. It been around for a while. It's very easy to apply and polishes off easily too. I did the whole boat in a few hours by myself one sunny day in Kinsale.

I guess your protectant might work wonders on the faux teak? Is it a clear liquid, or a white polish that might be difficult to wipe out of the 'grain' on the desks?

Best Wishes

Ian Shepherd

"Crusader"