Re: [Amel] Engine Motor Mounts

john martin <symoondog@...>

Try Vetus Marine. I believe they are called hydro dampers, type mitsteun. They are in the catalog, page 127 next to the motor mounts.
They have a distributor in North Carolina. John "Moon Dog" SM 248

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: pflafrance@...
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 18:00:58 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Engine Motor Mounts

Our 2 aft motor engine mounts require replacement. Our engine is a 75 HP Yanmar. The mounts are the rubber donout type under the frame that supports the engine and drive train. We noted that these apear to be the same mounts used on other Super Maramus with the Perkins engine.
Our engine has 5,000 Hrs and the allignment from the transmission is out a tad which is causing the engine to vibrate.
1. Our first question does anyone know of where we can obtain the rubber mounts, who makes them and can they be sourced in the USA? Amel is closed for vacation now.
2. Has anyone replaced the mounts an if so what procedure did you use??

Paul & Sue LaFrance
SV NOMAD SM # 362 currently in Booth Bay, Maine

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join { to automatically receive all group messages.