Re: Maramu generator and watermaker installation

jjjk12s <jjjk12s@...>

Bob and Joyce,

I have a 4KVA generator mounted on a shelf above the aft end of the engine and the control box by the battery switches in the aft walkway. There is a Sea Recovery watermaker. The pumps for this are forward of the engine a bit tucked away and the main gubbins is on the starboard side of the engine with the control mounted in the walkway to aft cabin, The engineroom is quite full with all this plus 2 alternators on the engine and a frigoboat system and racor filters.

John maramu #91

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Bob Sarff" <bsarff@...> wrote:

My wife and I currently live on a 1985 Maramu HIN #173, and it does not have a watermaker or generator. We're talking about installing both before we go cruising is about a year. Do any of you Maramu owners have pictures or discriptions of where you have these mounted and what it takes to complete the install? I assume the best location is in the engine room possibly opening up the wall into the port locker but there may be better ideas that I haven't thought of.

As usual, I appreciate your advice.

Thanks, Bob & Joyce
SV/ Chara