From: paaubrey <paaubrey25@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 23:38:09
To: <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Amel] Re: Chesapeake Marina

Hi Veit,
I used the York River Yacht Haven at Gloucester Point Va and left my SM 2000 there from June 2002 to November 2002. I had a fair amount of work done and was very satisfied. A delivery crew who sailed the yacht from Tortola to Norfolk managed to do a fair amount of damage to the genoa furler and the mast head by trying to sail under a brude on the ICW.It is a nice location and easy access and the maintenance crew competent and helpful. This is a bit south of where you want to be but based on my experience I would recommend them. Of course it is almost ten years since I ws there. Contact is 804-642-2156 Office and 804-642-9490 Service.
good luck Peter Aubrey SM2000 293 "MAIA" in Malta.
--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com> , "veitm@..." <veitm@...> wrote:

Hi All:

Thinking about visiting the Annapolis Boat show, than leaving our boat at a marina in the Chesapeake to have the bottom painted and some SST work done.
Can anybody suggest a marina which is reasonable, does really good work and is somewhere near Annapolis? ( we're planning to take her South in the beginning of November)
Thank you,
Veit
ATMAN - SM215