From: Ralph Caruso <rxc@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Amel] Re: Going up the mast - Going up solo
To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Monday, September 12, 2011, 1:15 PM

Interesting to see a list of all of the parts necessary to go up the mast alone.  I have always had my wife mind the anchor windlass, but she is very nervous about tailing it (it is electric), and it is fussy about the number of wraps.  I would actually prefer to go up and down mytself, but whenever I go into REI and ask about climbing harnesses, they get all official about whether I have had training, etc. When I explain that I want it for a boat, they tell me they can't sell any climbing stuff to me, for liability reasons. So, I can't figure out what size harness to buy, because I can't try one on.  Where can one buy these things wihout haveing to deal with this attitude?