Re: Climma heater

jsrogers47 <jsrogers@...>

Ocean Options is an Authorized dealer and installer for ESBA and has recently refurbished my ESBA heater. They tell me that the orinal installation by Amel did not confrom with their recommendations on two points: 1. The fuel pump is too far from the fuel tank and 2. that since the line is T'ed of the line the the generator, the generator create a negative pressure in the ESBA line and starves it of fuel.

Has anyone experienced these problems?

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Richard03801 <richard03801@...> wrote:

Hi Eric. We had some issues that had to do with running the heat on 60 cycles the condensers had to be replaced and we cleansed the dust off the elements. All is well. We do have to run the fans on high so as not to over heat the unit. The thermostat only runs the heating element.

Running the Espar eats lots of fuel. Think about adding a few portable electric units to run off the Gen set so you can make water and charge the batteries at the same time. Just a thought.
Enjoy the trip bAck north
Regards
Richard Piller

"Yacht Brokerage Service above and beyond the expected"

Walczak Yacht Brokerage Service LLC
2 Compromise St
Annapolis, MD 21401

Cell 603 767 5330
Office
Fax

www.Walczakyacht.com

On Apr 24, 2011, at 0:41, kimberlite <kimberlite@...> wrote:

My Climma unit in my aft cabin cuts out due to the integral thermostat and
never makes my aft cabin comfortable. I have even changed the electric
heating element and integral thermostat.

Any suggestions?

I am also planning on heading very far South one day soon and will need the
espar.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite