Rép. : [Amel] Frigoboat Refrigerator

Serge Tremblay <laetitiaii@...>

If there is no glitch in the compressor, evidenced by a low high pressure, the other reason for the high differential pressure may be a contamination/obstruction of the capilary. In the old days, when refrigerant polution was not an issue and no vacuum pump was available, we used to discharge the system from the high side and refill it again from the low side- I beleive the current Danfoss BD 50 requires about 3.5 ounces of gas, so even with older compressors, it was rather inexpensive. The process was not only an attempt to eliminate particles which may have dislodged from inside the system's tubing wall but also a tiny amount of water which may have accumulated and freeze at the end of the capilary, thus blocking same.

Nowaday, the correct procedure is first securely empty the gas, then change the filter/dryer and vacuum the system for a few (or more) hours and then refill the sytem.

For more info or free advice visit Dick Kolman's web site.

BTW I have changed my whole system (refrigerator and compressor) to which I have added sea water cooling, and , in the tropics, the efficiency is worth the expense...

Serge      V/Opera  Mango #51

--- En date de : Jeu, 6.10.11, Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe <yahoogroups@svbebe.com> a écrit :

De : Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe <yahoogroups@svbebe.com>
Objet : [Amel] Frigoboat Refrigerator
À : amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: jeudi 6 octobre 2011 05 h 08

I am looking for advice.

The Frigoboat refrigerator cycles on/off frequently and is showing an error code of 3 flashes which according to Frigoboat, "Indicates that the compressor cannot start due to too high a differential pressure in the compressor. This is a common problem where poor voltage, or breaks in the power supply or thermostat wiring cause the controller to attempt a compressor restart too soon after it has been stopped for some reason. It can also be caused by a refrigerant overcharge."

I have replaced the Danfoss control box, part number #101N0210, and the Frigaboat thermostat, Part number E250500. I replaced these at different times and each time defrosted and removed the refrigerator. Each time I also checked all wiring connections. Each time when I re-installed and turned on the refrigerator, it worked fine for 2-3 days, freezing the freezer compartment and the temperature in the refrigerator at 41 degrees Fahrenheit. It would cycle normally for 2-3 days, then start the short cycle and the 3 flash error code.

The closed system has never been touched with gauges or the addition of Freon.

We are not currently where we can get expert repair service.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Best,

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Northern Cyprus

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.