De : Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe <yahoogroups@svbebe.com>
Objet : [Amel] Frigoboat Refrigerator
À : amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: jeudi 6 octobre 2011 05 h 08

I am looking for advice.

The Frigoboat refrigerator cycles on/off frequently and is showing an error code of 3 flashes which according to Frigoboat, "Indicates that the compressor cannot start due to too high a differential pressure in the compressor. This is a common problem where poor voltage, or breaks in the power supply or thermostat wiring cause the controller to attempt a compressor restart too soon after it has been stopped for some reason. It can also be caused by a refrigerant overcharge."

I have replaced the Danfoss control box, part number #101N0210, and the Frigaboat thermostat, Part number E250500. I replaced these at different times and each time defrosted and removed the refrigerator. Each time I also checked all wiring connections. Each time when I re-installed and turned on the refrigerator, it worked fine for 2-3 days, freezing the freezer compartment and the temperature in the refrigerator at 41 degrees Fahrenheit. It would cycle normally for 2-3 days, then start the short cycle and the 3 flash error code.

The closed system has never been touched with gauges or the addition of Freon.

We are not currently where we can get expert repair service.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Best,

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387