From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Judy and Bill aboard
SV BeBe
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 8:25 AM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amel] Frigoboat Refrigerator

Thanks Pat...I will await your response...please check my thoughts below:

Thanks Serge and Dimitris...and Dimitris, of course I remember you in Soros.
I wanted to ask you if the boot stripe and rub rail color was something
custom you had done. The platinum color really changes the overall
appearance of the 54. I noticed that the 55 uses this color.

My Thoughts:
I am beginning to think that there may be some moisture in the line that
freezes causing an obstruction, or possibly some other material causing an
obstruction.

I am sure the control box turns the compressor OFF with high pressure or
high heat. I wish I knew if under this circumstance where the compressor is
turned OFF for high pressure or temp by the Control Module, and assuming
that the thermostat is closed (on), if the Control Module is programmed to
turn back on without a delay. The delay is important for the pressure to
reduce before the compressor turns back on.

Best,

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently N. Cyprus

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com> , Diane Nielsen
<dianexnielsen@...> wrote:

Hi Bill, Pat and I are on our way sailing to Annapolis for the annual
sailboat show. I will read your email to the Frigoboat vendor when we attend
the show tomorrow.

Diane & Pat
Shenanigans
SM#123

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 6, 2011, at 5:08 AM, "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe"
<yahoogroups@...> wrote:

I am looking for advice.

The Frigoboat refrigerator cycles on/off frequently and is showing an
error code of 3 flashes which according to Frigoboat, "Indicates that the
compressor cannot start due to too high a differential pressure in the
compressor. This is a common problem where poor voltage, or breaks in the
power supply or thermostat wiring cause the controller to attempt a
compressor restart too soon after it has been stopped for some reason. It
can also be caused by a refrigerant overcharge."

I have replaced the Danfoss control box, part number #101N0210, and the
Frigaboat thermostat, Part number E250500. I replaced these at different
times and each time defrosted and removed the refrigerator. Each time I also
checked all wiring connections. Each time when I re-installed and turned on
the refrigerator, it worked fine for 2-3 days, freezing the freezer
compartment and the temperature in the refrigerator at 41 degrees
Fahrenheit. It would cycle normally for 2-3 days, then start the short cycle
and the 3 flash error code.

The closed system has never been touched with gauges or the addition of
Freon.

We are not currently where we can get expert repair service.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Best,

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387