Re: [Amel] Current in the bow truster at starting !! (link is her corect)

Eric Freedman

Hi,

Do you have photos of the broken parts?

Ps I always race a 57 foot Oyster from St Martin to New York.

I have beaten him buy 17 hours to 2 days I have never lost and I use a 110
Yankee cut 10oz headsail..

The skipper is Bill Seifert who ran the Tartan Factory, the J-boat factory,
and the Alden Factory. Now he just maintains the owners 2 Oysters. East and
West coasts of the USA.

He also wrote a book called Offshore Sailing , and lectures at the
Marion-Bermuda safety at sea course.

I hate the companionway steps, it is like climbing Mt Everest, and the
saloon is too big for offshore, the ports are also too large.

Bill spends the winter on the boat maintaining it. If you want a lot of
maintenance and a poor offshore boat, get an Oyster. My friend bill agrees.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____