Re: [Amel] Current in the bow truster at starting !! (link is her corect)

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Merci,
Jean-Luc

Le 10/10/2011 17:09, Dimitris Krassopoulos a écrit :

Dear Jurgen,

I was reffering to the internal parts of the bowthruster not the housing.
Sorry . The machine shop I used was in Syros and since the replacement
everything was working fine.

Dimitris

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Jurgen
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 5:42 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amel] Current in the bow truster at starting !! (link is her
corect)

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com> , "Dimitris Krassopoulos"
<dkra@...> wrote:

You can make all the parts in a local machine shop. You can manufacture
them
by high tensil metal without a problem and they are going to
function much
better than the original parts. You should leave the plastic screws
on the
propeller as a fuse if you catch a rope or plastic bag. According to
others
you can put grease instead of oil so the bowthruster is going to
work more
smoothly. I know that the whole system is a weak point of the SM
this one
of
the reasons that I decided to buy the Amel 54. Regarding your
decision to
buy an Oyster I am sure that you are going to have much more
problems with
the after sales support as the boats are manufactured in different yards
with different parts. The important thing with Amel boats of the same
generation is that they are more or less the same with same parts.

Regards

Dimitris

Hi Dimitris,
as you might have read I lost my bowthruster propeller unit into the
sea. A
very nice Greek fisherman retrieved it. You mentioned that one could
fabricate all parts in steel. What about the fiberglasstube which attaches
to the thruster motor and houses the motor/propeller shaft. My tube is too
short now because it sheared off where the motor srews are. May be you can
give me some ideas.

Best regards
Jurgen Mango 'ARGO VI'

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

< <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto: <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com