Re: Batteries

rbenven44 <no_reply@...>

Hello Ian & Judy,
I think I can help you sort out your battery questions, but please
tell me first: what brand and model batteries do you have installed,
and what battery monitor do you have? Also, what brand and size
battery chargers do you have? And, do the battery chargers have an
equalization cycle?
Some battery monitors are programmed to show a % charge number
based on an assumed recharge efficiency. That is, to replace 100 amp-
hrs into batteries, you will need to generate 130 or 140 or 150 amp-
hrs, depending on the program that is in the battery monitor. A more
accurate measure of battery charge is Specific Gravity of the battery
acid, or in the case of Sealed batteries (like the original Amel
Delphi/Delco batteries), voltage after you finish charging.
Let me know what you have, and I will let you know what I think
based on 21 years experience with Amel batteries!!
Best regards, and Feliz Navidad,
Roy Benveniste
SM Excalibur #195