From: kimberlite
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:38 PM
Subject: RE: [Amel] Yanmar 4jh3hte negative starter solenoid.

John,

Attached are photos of the solenoid and the box.

They are not available in the USA.

The black button is a manual override. That what makes it different than a
normal starter solenoid.

I would "exercise" the solenoid with the black button.

You can then either buy one from a local auto parts store for $20-$30
without the black button or get one from Amel for 70-80 Euros. The solenoid
must be an isolated ground.

Except for the black button the two are identical. The stock auto supply
ones even have the same bolt holes.

They are 12 volts. The solenoids for the Genoa furler are the same except
they are 24 volts.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite