Regards

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Oct 29, 2011, at 8:35, Ian & Judy Jenkins <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

Hi Friso, We have had Eberspachers on boats for the last 29 years, including on three Amels, a Sharki, a Maramu and now our SM ( 11 years old). I can honestly say that we have never had a problem. For the most part we have sailed in cold waters so we have used the heaters regularly. We have recently changed the glow plug on our present boat which has done about 47,000 miles. The Eberspacher guys in Southampton couldn't believe that it had worked for so long without a service. We have switched it on in all weathers and at all angles of heel. I think part of the secret is to use the thing regularly--we are now in the Med but we try to run our Eberspacher at least once a month even in the summer. If the heater was installed by Amel its installation will be good. My guess is that you should have the heater serviced before thinking of changing it. Hope this helps, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 San Carles de la Rapita, Spain

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: mirjamandfriso@...
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 07:37:03 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Heater Problems

We have problems with the Eberspaecher heater on an Amel Maramu 46. If the ship rolls more than 10 degrees the heater doesn't burn properly and the exhaust smokes a lot. Is there something wrong with this heater or can it not be used while sailing? If this brand can't be used, is there a better alternative?

Thanks for your help,
Friso