Re: [Amel] Thru hull replacement

john martin <symoondog@...>

If the boat is in the US they may be trying to replace the ball valve with a standard SAE thread. It won't work. Amels thru hulls are all British thread. Its easier to find a British valve then to replace the thru hull to match the SAE thread, even if you have to order it from Amel. John "Moon Dog" SM 248

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 23:38:54 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Thru hull replacement

Hi, Is it common to replace engine intake thru hull on a Maramu(1989)? Yard was replacing ball valve and now tells me that the existing glassed in one must be replaced. They want to use a standard bolt on to replace. Anybody have an opinion or experience with this? Should I ask them to re-glass a new one or is this the accepted way to repair? My boat is over 1,000 miles away. Thankyou, Ross

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join to automatically receive all group messages.