Re: [Amel] Amel 54 Survey

Duncan Hagemeyer

Hi Kent,

A SM on an Oklahoma lake! Is that the big one on the TX OK border? Where
is SM 243 today?

Thanks for your insight and sharing your experiences. I sure do hope that I
can figure out the 220/110 mystery and become comfortable with managing the
systems myself. I do have the time, and it does sound like the Amel Group
is going to be a valuable resource. I did get a good warning from Clive at
BVI that buying a Euro boat and living in US or English waters requires
caution and understanding of this difference.

I have stated before I am looking for the right management team. I would
presume that the right manager is also going to be a good teacher. Possibly
that will be on St. Marten or Martinique. I do know one of my intitial
goals for buying an Amel was I wish to take a boat to Europe (Med) and base
there for at least a couple of winters and a summer. With this boat it
would be ashame to miss that part of the world.

This brings me to the issue of documentation. Any advice? I would like to
keep it in my Delaware LLC that housed my old Freedom. I have studied the
internet and it appears there are lots of options. I guess it is not time
to talk about an exit (sale) but lots of chatter out there about problems
with offshore registration and gaining a release of the papers. Any help
appreciated.

Again, thanks for all the comments,

Duncan