Re: [Amel] Replacement fresh water pump

john martin <symoondog@...>

Thanks Ian, I will try that when I get back to the boat. We are back home in Norfolk Virginia, taking a break ."Moon Dog" Is on the hard in Venezuela, also getting a rest. We have almost completed our circumnavigation of South America. It's taken 4 years. I must be getting old, Years ago we sailed around the world in less time then that. John

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 18:20:03 +0000
Subject: RE: [Amel] Replacement fresh water pump

Hi John, I have recently done the same. With mine, there is a red wire that goes from the pressure switch at one end of the pump to the motor at the other end. That wire carries the positive but only when the pressure switch kicks in. Intercept that wire with an additional wire that goes to the light on the green light. Hope that does the trick, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, San Carles de la Rapita, Spain

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: symoondog@hotmail.com
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:18:45 +0000

I put in a Jabsco veritable speed 4.5 gallons per minute. Very quiet, light weight,small, and uses very little amps. Its model no. 31755. The only problem is that I can't figure out how to wire it so the light will come on in the cabin, other then that Its been perfect for 4 years. John "Moon Dog" SM248

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: maramu261@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 04:49:43 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Replacement fresh water pump

Hello, I need to replace my 22 year old Feit pressure pump, Any experiences or opinions for the replacement? How high can I go in psi and gpm without taxing the system? Should I try to find a rebuild kit for this old pump and carry it as a spare? Thank you, Ross