From: wdhagemeyer <wdhagemeyer@gmail.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:37 AM
Subject: [Amel] Navigation Charts

I know enought about computers to be dangerous. I have an Apple Mac OS-X, 4g processor and 8g RAM and a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 with 2.5g processor and 4g RAM. I prefer the windows system for day to day use, but the Apple would be an option to move to the boat as a photo/entertainment/navigation station.

All I have from my old boat is some Imray Isolare paper charts. I am thinking of adding so modern charts that tie to the Amel 54 system. I particularly like the idea of having weather overlay on active charts.

Any suggestion on makers of charts and how either of these systems could interface?

Duncan