Re: [Amel] Re: maramu ball valves

john martin <symoondog@...>

I bought mine from Amel, but I just goggled " British thread ball valves", and a bunch of sites turned up. Seems there are a lots of British threads around. Worth a try. John "Moon Dog" SM248

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: dave_benjamin@yahoo.com
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 01:54:40 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Re: maramu ball valves

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "rossny@..." <rossny@...> wrote:

Hi. The handle has broken off my fore head ball valve and I think I remember that it is British thread. Does anyone know of a source in the USA or should I order from the UK? Since it is above waterline and for sanitation should i use pvc or marelon? Thanks. Ross
I'd check with some machine shops to see if a fitting could be machined.
I am not keen on Marelon valves. If they get a piece of solid debris they can jam up. You can't use much force on them for fear of breakage. In my opinion, best to stick with traditional bronze. The other issue with Marelon or PVC is that they can be damaged from impact on the exterior. All of this is less a concern with an above the waterline fitting but why take the chance?